What is Go?
Go is expressive, concise, clean, and efficient. Go has gained popularity in recent years for the following reasons.
Fast and Lightweight language
- Go is a language that manages memory with its built-in garbage collector. Hence it is fast and lightweight. It has a quick compilation time.
Statically Typed Language
- The type of go variables are known at compile time.
Clean and Concise Language
- The syntax of go is short and easier to understand.
C like Language
- Go has adopted lots of features from the C programming language and is similar to C.
Why learn Go Programming?
Easy to learn:
Go has neat programming syntax that is easier to understand.
Go can stack the sizes of a program to grow and shrink. So the application developed in Go programming can be very scalable as the memory is accurately utilized.
The number of keywords is less than other languages. It has around 25 keywords so developers don't need to remember a lot of the keywords.
Handy standard libraries:
Go has many standard libraries which makes it a lot easier to write programs.
How to learn Go Programming?
Go tutorial from Programiz
- We provide step by step Go tutorials, examples, and references.
Getting started with Go programming.
Official Go documentation
- You can always take reference from the official Go Programming documentation. Visit official
Go Programming documentation
- The only way you can learn programming is by writing a lot of code.